How to Make Reuben Grill Recipe
About this Reuben Grill Sandwich Recipe
Description: Top ‘o the Mornin to ye, me Lads and me Lassies. This Reuben grill corned beef sandwich is a winner. You don’t have to be Irish to enjoy this Reuben Grill recipe. This sandwich is a favorite at your local Irish pub. However, you can enjoy the easy-to-make Reuben sandwich recipe at home.
Recipe Tip: This recipe is best-enjoyed with a cold bottle of Guinness Stout.
Irish Sayings: May your blessings far outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.
Reuben Grill Ingredients
2 slices dark rye or pumpernickel bread
butter or margarine
corned beef, cooked and thinly sliced
1 slice Swiss cheese
Russian or Thousand Island Dressing
How to Make Reuben Grill Directions
- Place 3-4 slices of corned beef into a large skillet.
- Place a healthy helping of sauerkraut into the pan.
- Cook for just a couple of minutes until hot.
- Butter one side of two slices of bread.
- Place the bread in a skillet.
- Place the corned beef and then the sauerkraut onto one slice of bread.
- Add Russian or Thousand Island dressing on top.
- Next, add a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place the second slice of bread on top. and flip the sandwich over on the grill.
- Heat the sandwich until the Swiss cheese is melted.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve hot with chips and a pickle on the side.
Related Recipes and Holidays
Great Recipe Resources
More About Today
Holiday Insights, where every day is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. Consequently, at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.