World Vegan Day
When is World Vegan Day? This holiday is always observed on November 1
On World Vegan Day we celebrate those who practice veganism. This November 1 holiday is a great opportunity to learn and appreciate the benefits of veganism for humans, non-human animals, and the environment.
Veganism is the practice of consuming a plant-based diet and not eating animals. For a true vegan, this includes not eating fish, as well as milk, eggs, cheese, and anything made with these products. Imagine all the foods that have milk or eggs in them! A significant number of people who are “Vegan”, will not eat meat but will consume milk or eggs.
Today we celebrate the benefits of veganism to:
- Humans – It’s a healthier, plant-based diet, and results in a healthier you. This diet is higher in fiber and lowers in cholesterol. It helps to lower the risk of heart disease, lowers blood pressure, and obesity risk.
- Animals – Animals and animal rights groups will just love you. It means the lives of many animals will be spared.
- Environment – Plants are lower on the food chain and require far fewer resources to feed you than animal meats.
Vegan organizations celebrate this day, by raising awareness of veganism. They offer educational programs and workshops to the general public. They also sometimes hold a feast, loaded with plant-based goodies. If you are new to the world of veganism, you can become a vegan, if only for a day.
Did You Know? An Ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain.
How to Celebrate World Vegan Day
- Become a Vegan.
- More in the direction of becoming a vegan.
- Add more plant-based food to your and your family’s diet.
“You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.” – – Julia Roberts
History and Origin of World Vegan Day
In 1994, Louis Wallis, chair of “The Vegan Society” in the United Kingdom created this special day. It was created to celebrate the 50th anniversary of this organization, founded in 1944.
World Vegan Day has been celebrated annually on November 1st ever since.
More November 1 Holidays
More About Today
Holiday Insights, where every day in November is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. November holidays are no exception. Consequently., at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.