National Fast Food Day
When is National Fast Food Day? This holiday is always observed on November 16
Today is National Fast Food Day, a November 16 holiday. Americans are always fast-moving, and always in a rush. As a result of our on-the-go lifestyle, we need to eat quickly and are usually unwilling or unable to wait long for our food to be prepared. As a result, fast food restaurants came into existence and are thriving. They have been a part of the American restaurant scene since the early 1950s.
Fast food restaurants are conveniently located on countless street corners. They are in malls and shopping centers. Breakfast and lunch are the meals we tend to rush through most often. We are in a hurry to get to work. We have a short lunch break. Many times, we are in a hurry to get a quick bite before a movie, show, or party. On the other hand, dinners are often a meal to savor and enjoy in a more leisurely manner.
Happy National Fast Food Day
Top Five Fast Food Restaurants
There’s no surprise who is at the top of this list.
- McDonald’s has the number 1 position with over $38.5 billion in sales. They have over 36,000 stores all over the world.
- Starbucks has $19.7 billion in sales worldwide.
- Subways sell over $10.4 billion a year.
- Taco Bell has $10.3 billion in annual sales.
- Chick-fil-A rounds off the top five with $10 billion in annual says. That’s a lot of chicken!
How to Celebrate National Fast Food Day
Participating in National Fast Food Day is easy. You are probably already doing so, on a regular basis.
- All you have to do, is eat or drink at a fast food restaurant today.
- To be a full-fledged participant on this special day, eat in fast food restaurants for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Take the challenge. Eat or drink at each of the top 5 fast-food restaurants.
Does running from your responsibilities count as cardio?
History and Origin of National Fast Food Day
Our research did not reveal the creator of National Fast Food Day. The great mind that thought up this special day, was probably moving too fast to remember to take credit for creating this day. He or she is likely someone in the fast food industry.
This relatively new, yet important special day, is called a “National” day. We did not find a congressional or presidential proclamation making this day a true national day.
More November 16 Holidays
More About Today
Holiday Insights, where every day in November is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. November holidays are no exception. Consequently., at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.