Goddess of Fertility Day
When is Goddess of Fertility Day? This holiday is always celebrated on March 18
Goddess of Fertility Day is today, a March 18 holiday. It celebrates Venus, Aphrodite, and other gods and goddesses of fertility. In ancient times, most cultures had multiple immortal deities. Each one represented various aspects of life. The ancient Greek goddess Venus was by far the most well-known goddess of fertility. People would pray and make offerings to her when seeking to create a family.
If you are looking to procreate, today might be a perfect time. However, if you are looking to avoid the unexpected pitter-patter of little feet, one might suggest today is a day of abstinence.
Who is the Goddess of Fertility?
Who is the mythical Goddess of Fertility, you ask? Actually, the answer to this question depends upon your Ancient cultural roots. There are over a dozen. Here are some of them:
- Venus is the Roman goddess of fertility, beauty, love, and sex. She is the best-known.
- Adi Parashakti was the immortal of fertility in ancient Indian culture.
- Anahit, the Armenian immortal of fertility, pregnancy, and motherhood.
- Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of beauty, love, lust, passion, pleasure, and procreation (fertility).
- Atahensic is the goddess of pregnancy and motherhood in Iroquois mythology.
- Chimalma, an Aztec goddess of feminine health.
- Demeter (Ceres) is the goddess of fertility of the earth, harvest, and agriculture.
- Freyr is the Norse god of fertility.
- Frigg is the Norse goddess of love and fertility.
- Hathor – the earliest Egyptian goddess of fertility,
- Isis is the Egyptian goddess of fertility, magic, death, healing, and rebirth.
- Jiutian Xuannü is the Chinese deity protecting childbirth.
- Leto, one of the brides of Zeus.
- Oshun is the immortal representing fertility in the ancient Yoruba religion in Africa.
- Xochiquetzal, the Aztec goddess of pregnancy and sexuality.
How to Celebrate Goddess of Fertility Day
- Learn more about ancient deities.
- Choose the deity that represents the culture of your roots. Learn more about her.
“We are all mortal until the first kiss, and the second glass of wine.” – – Eduardo Galeano
History and Origin of Goddess of Fertility Day
Deities from ancient societies were worshipped thousands of years ago. The creation of this holiday is much more recent. Our research has not yet identified the creator of this day, why it was created, or when. Our search continues.
More March 18 Holidays
More About Today
Flower of the Day: Baby’s Breath
Recipe of the Day: Shamrock Salad
Ecards Send a free Ecard daily for just about any March calendar holiday, occasion, observance, or event. Or, just for the fun of it!
Holiday Insights, where every day in March is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. March holidays are no exception. Consequently, at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.