National Cheese Lover Day
About National Cheese Lover Day
When is National Cheese Lover Day? This holiday is always observed on January 20
Cheese lovers, your day is here! Do you love cheese, all kinds of cheese? Splendid, as today is National Cheese Lover Day, a January 20 holiday. Enjoy the day by savoring any of the hundreds of varieties of cheese. There certainly is no shortage of varieties. Depending on what article you read, there are between 900 – 1,400 varieties of cheese, all classified by texture.
It’s easy to celebrate this special day. Set out a tray of several varieties of your favorite cheese and dig in. Having a cheese-tasting party with your friends will make this day a truly memorable one. And, don’t forget the wine. Cheese goes great with cheese.
Eating cheese makes you feel good. So, don’t be bleu. Eat some cheese on National Cheese Lover Day.
- Cheese is more flavorful at room temperature.
- Americans consume over 31 pounds of cheese per year. But, that’s nothing. But that’s nothing compared to the French, who eat over 50 pounds of cheese per year.
- Historical records vary, as to when cheese was first made. It was somewhere between 7,500 and 8,000 B.C. Records suggest it may have first been discovered, by accident, in Poland or Arabia.
- The world’s largest cheese was put on display on this day in 1964 at the New York World’s Fair. It weighed over 34,000 pounds.
How to Celebrate National Cheese Lover Day
- Eat cheese, lots of it.
- Take up the challenge. Have cheese with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and for a snack today.
- Try it sprinkling it on at least one item you’ve never used it on before.
- Hold a cheese-tasting party.
“Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re giving blood.” – – Bill Murray
History and Origin of National Cheese Lover Day
Our research did not identify the creator of this day, or when it began. Or, perhaps it was two young lovers who spent the day savoring their favorite cheeses. All we can be sure of is that it was someone who loves cheese.
There is no evidence to suggest that this is truly a “National” day, which requires an act of congress. We found no congressional records or presidential proclamation about this special day.
Definition of “National” Days – and why it is important to distinguish true National days.
More January 20 Holidays
More About Today
Holiday Insights, where every day in January is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. January holidays are no exception. Consequently, at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.