Christmas Fruitcake Recipe
1. Mix raisins, nuts and candied fruits and set aside.
2. In a second bowl, mix Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Nutmeg ,Cinnamon, Allspice, and Cloves. Set aside.
3. In a large third, bowl, cream together butter, sugar, beaten egg, molasses, and apple sauce.
4. Add dry ingredients from step #2 above.
5. Add nuts, raisins and candied fruit from step #1 above.
6. Pour mixture into a greased baking pan.
7. Bake covered for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
8. Cool and serve.
Pass the fruitcake - the ultimate in re-gifting
Figgy Pudding - Bring it on!
Old Fashioned Butter Cut Out Cookies - a Christmas favorite from grandma's recipe collection.
Holiday Insights, where everyday is a holiday, a bizarre day, a wacky day ,or a special event. Join us in the calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events and observances, more than one for every day of the year. Many new holidays are being created on a very frequent basis. At Holiday Insights we strive to thoroughly research and report details of each one as accurately as possible.
Fourth of July |
St. Patrick's Day |
| Chinese New Years | Labor Day | New Year's | Valentine's Day | Holiday Recipes |
Copyright 2000-2020: Holiday Insights © By Premier Star Company