Kim's Apple Crisp Pie - Recipe
How to Make Apple Crisp Pie Recipe
You will find several variations of this apple crisp pie recipe on the internet. However, we feel this is the best. Make it for a fall treat, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any time you want a great-tasting dessert.
Contributed by: Kim F., Rochester, NY
Did You Know? The only apple native to North America is the Crabapple.
Apple Crisp Pie Ingredients
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp granulated sugar
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, chilled and cut up
2 Tbsp shortening, chilled and cut up
4 Tbsp ice water
6 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples (about 6 large apples)
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cps old-fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup unsalted butter, chilled and cut up
How to Make Apple Crisp Pie - Baked
Make the Dough
- Use a mixer to pulse together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add butter and shortening. Then, mix together until crumbs form.
- Add water a Tablespoon at a time, as needed.
- Shape the dough into a flat, round shape.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Tip: You can make the dough the day before.
Making and Baking the Apple Crisp Pie
- Place the oven rack on the lowest level.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a 12-inch round shape.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with the dough and trim off the excess.
- Combine all filling ingredients into a large bowl.
- Spoon the filling into the crust.
- in a medium-sized bowl, mix all topping ingredients except the butter together.
- Add the butter and mix with your hands until well combined.
- Spoon topping over the apple mixture.
- Press the topping gently over the pie to adhere to the apples.
- Place the apple crisp pie into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Then, turn the oven down to 325 degrees° F and bake it for an additional 45 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool before serving, about 2 hours.
More About Today
Holiday Insights, where every day is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. Consequently, at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.