National Pepperoni Pizza Day
About National Pepperoni Pizza Day
Date When Celebrated: This holiday is always observed on September 20
Today is National Pepperoni Pizza Day, a September 20 holiday. Celebrate America’s favorite variety of pizza. Almost everybody loves pizza. It is so versatile. You can eat pizza for breakfast (often cold), lunch, dinner, and as a late-night snack. It is a very popular food for parties and events.
You can put all sorts of meats, vegetables, fruits, and even fish… Anchovies… on your pizza. But, today, is reserved for pepperoni pizza, the most popular variety.
Here is some interesting trivia on the ever-popular pizza:
- Pepperoni is the most popular, preferred by 36% of the people.
- Over 3 Billion pizzas are sold n the U.S. each year.
- More pizzas are sold on Super Bowl Sunday, than any other day of the year.
- Halloween is the second most popular day for eating pizzas.
- Over 17% of restaurants are pizzerias or serve pizza.
- The first pizza was sold in Naples Italy in 1738.
- Pizzas most likely evolved as a variation of flatbreads.
- Americans consume over 23 pounds of pizza per year.
It is very easy to enjoy National Pizza Day. Have some pizza today. To enjoy this day to the fullest, you need to make homemade pepperoni pizza and have pizza for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and as a snack.
Happy National Pepperoni Pizza Day!
World Record Pepperoni Pizza
The Guinness World record for the largest pizza was set on January 18, 2023. The mammoth pizza was constructed in the Los Angeles Convention Center by Pizza Hut and Youtuber Eric Decker. The pizza covered 13,990 feet.
The pepperoni pizza was made of:
- 13653 pounds of dough.
- 4,948 pounds of sauce.
- 8,800 pounds of cheese.
- It was topped with 630, 496 pounds of pepperoni.
This enormous pizza was cut into 68,000 slices and donated to local food banks.
How to Celebrate National Pepperoni Pizza Day
- Make and eat a pepperoni pizza.
- Order it from your favorite pizza parlor.
- Or, eat it at your favorite pizza parlor.
- Here’s a unique idea: Order a pizza for delivery to a family member or friend. Note: You may find it appropriate to let the recipient in advance of your intentions.
- Give away a pizza shop gift card to someone.
- Hold a pizza party.
Other Pizza Days of the Year
“There’s no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap.” – – Kevin James
History and Origin of National Pepperoni Pizza Day
We found absolutely no factual information about this special day. This holiday started in 2016.
We did not find any documentation confirming this to be a “National” day. We found no congressional records or presidential proclamation.
More About Today
Recipe of the Day: Pumpkin Marmalade
Also See: Fall Recipes and Holiday Recipes and Garden Recipes
Flower of the Day: Sedum
Ecards Send a free Ecard daily for just about any September calendar holiday, occasion, observance, or event. Or, just for the fun of it!
Holiday Insights, where every day in September is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. Many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays on a regular basis. September holidays are no exception. At Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.