World Egg Day
About World Egg Day
When is World Egg Day? This holiday is the second Friday in October
What’s all the egg-citement about? Why that’s because today is World Egg Day! This October holiday celebrates and promotes the benefits of eggs. It is truly a world, or international celebration, from China and New Zealand to Great Britain and Mexico.
This is no yolk. Eggs certainly are what they are cracked up to be. Aside from high cholesterol, they are healthy food. High in nutrition, and low in fat, people all over the world enjoy them. And, we all get to celebrate them on this day.
1,000-Year-old Eggs! Now here’s a yummy treat. Buried in the ground for some time, Thousand Year Old Eggs are a real treat in China.
If you forget to celebrate this day, you will have egg on your face as everyone else will indeed remember it. We can think of a dozen reasons to enjoy World Egg Day to the fullest. We know eggs-actly how people begin this special day. Have a couple of scrambled eggs for breakfast. At lunch, an egg and olive sandwich sound perfect. Then, for dinner, you can enjoy an omelet., lunch or dinner. And, there’s oh so much more you can do with them.
How to Celebrate World Egg Day
- First and foremost, eat some eggs today. You can have them for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Learn more about their health benefits.
- Have an Egg Hunt. Who says these hunts are only at Easter!? More on Egg Hunts.
- Hold a debate with the question: “Which came first, the chicken or the Egg?”
- Have an Egg throwing contest. It’s a big sport in Great Britain.
- Send an Egg Ecard to family and friends.
- Read an eggy story to your child. We suggest reading “The Goose that Laid the Golden Egg”.
- Decorate them. May we suggest decorating them with an Autumn or Halloween theme? It’s best to hard boil them first.
- Find out how many things are made of, or contain eggs. You might be surprised.
Thought for Today
“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” – – Bernard Meltzer
History and Origin of World Egg Day
Although their website did not make the claim, we believe this day was created by the International Egg Commission. This organization promotes the egg industry. They have a wealth of information on eggs, and about World Egg Day.
More About Today
Recipe of the Day: Halloween Party Wormy Fruit Salad
Pumpkin Nook – Visit the folks that know everything about pumpkins. Halloween, too.
Ecards Send a free Ecard daily for just about any October calendar holiday, occasion, observance, or event. Or, just for the fun of it!
Holiday Insights, where every day in October is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. Many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. October holidays are no exception. Consequently., at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.