World Diabetes Day
When is World Diabetes Day? This holiday is always observed on November 14
World Diabetes Day is today, a November 14 holiday. It is an annual event that brings awareness to the scope of this global illness. Millions of people are inflicted with it. Here in America, it is getting increasingly worse, driven by poor diets and lack of exercise.
Diabetes has two forms. The first is Juvenile or Type 1 Diabetes. You are born with it or develop it in your youth. The second is Adult Onset Diabetes. This is known as Type II Diabetes.
Diabetes is a growing problem in children and adults. Many see it as a looming crisis in America, due to our diets, and more sedentary lifestyles. In the case of Type 2, it usually can be avoided or delayed with diet and exercise.
There are several goals for this special day. They include:
- To raise awareness of Diabetes -causes, effects, and complications.
- To provide conferences and educational programs about Diabetes, treatment, and management.
- To promote fundraising for treatment and cures. Bike hikes are a popular fundraising event for this day.
- To encourage people to make lifestyle changes to fight the onset of this disease.
- To seek a cure.
How to Celebrate World Diabetes Day
- Change your lifestyle. Get off the couch and do some exercise.
- Change your diet. Reduce the amount of high sugar, and high carbohydrate food and drink.
- Make diet and exercise a regular part of your daily life.
- Support others in their efforts to manage their diabetes.
“Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.” – – Voltaire
History and Origin of World Diabetes Day
World Diabetes Day on November 14th of each year, is a well-recognized special day. It is celebrated in many countries around the world. It has been celebrated globally since 1991.
We do not know who originated this special day, nor when it was created.
More November 14 Holidays
More About Today
Holiday Insights, where every day in November is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. November holidays are no exception. Consequently., at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.