Operating Room Nurse Day
When is Operating Room Nurse Day? This holiday is always observed on November 14
Operating Room Nurse Day, a November 14 holiday, honors those important nurses, who care for patients before, during, and immediately after surgery. It’s a very important role, during a period when a patient’s comfort and life are in another person’s hands.
Types of Operating Room Nurses
- Scrub Nurses’ hand tools, equipment, and supplies to the surgeon.
- Circulating Nurse monitors the overall environment and ensures a sterile environment.
- RN First Assistants actively assist in the surgery. Helps control bleeding and suture wounds.
Show your thanks and appreciation to the Operating nurse that you know. You can send them cards or Ecards. However, just a simple, spoken “thank you” will do.
How to Celebrate Operating Room Nurse Day
- Show your thanks and appreciation to the Operating nurse that you know.
- You can send them cards or Ecards.
- However, just a simple, spoken “thank you” will do.
“America’s nurses are the beating heart of our medical system.” – – Barak Obama
History and Origin of Operating Room Nurse Day
The roots of this special day trace back to Iowa. On November 14, 1989, Iowa Governor Terry Branstad established Operating Room Nurse Day. Over the years its popularity spread to become a nationwide event to honor them.
More November 14 Holidays
More About Today
Holiday Insights, where every day in November is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. November holidays are no exception. Consequently., at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.