Supreme Sacrifice Day
About Supreme Sacrifice Day
When is Supreme Sacrifice Day? This holiday is always celebrated on March 18
Supreme Sacrifice Day recognizes the ultimate sacrifice made by some for the good of others. History is filled with examples of people who offered the supreme sacrifice for other people. While most often we think of someone who gave their life, the supreme sacrifice could be something non-fatal. Can you think of an example? When you give up something you want or need, you are making a sacrifice. And, sometimes, the sacrifice is extreme. Use this March 18 holiday to remember them, the sacrifice they made, and why.
We offer these examples:
- Jesus Christ gave the supreme sacrifice when he died on the cross for us.
- Soldiers in battle gave their lives to protect our freedom, and our way of life, and to keep us safe.
- Firemen and police officers sometimes give their lives in the line of duty while saving and/or protecting people.
- More often than you think, a young man or young woman caught up in a love triangle, gave up the chase for the sake of their loved one.
- A person gives up their job and career to tend to an elderly parent.
- The list goes on and on and on.
Today is a day to reflect and offer thanks and appreciation to those who made the supreme sacrifice for us.
How to Celebrate Supreme Sacrifice Day
We’ve identified the main objectives of this special day:
- You are encouraged to embrace your awkwardness today.
- Celebrate and forget past awkward moments.
- Share those memorable moments with a friend. Laugh about it.
- Stop taking yourself so seriously. Life is too short to dwell on it or remain embarrassed for long.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – – Eleanor Roosevelt
History and Origin of Supreme Sacrifice Day
Our research did not find the creator or the origin of this day.
More March 18 Holidays
Here are more March 18 holidays we are sure you will enjoy:
More About Today
Flower of the Day: Tulips
Recipe of the Day: Swiss Steak with Garden Vegetables
Ecards Send a free Ecard daily for just about any March calendar holiday, occasion, observance, or event. Or, just for the fun of it!
Holiday Insights, where every day in March is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. March holidays are no exception. Consequently, at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.