How to Mkke Christmas Fruitcake Recipe
Christmas Fruitcake Recipe Description
Fruitcake is associated with the Christmas holiday season. Years ago, this symbol of the holiday season was very popular. It is a cake consisting of dried fruits and nuts in a heavy, sugar-ladened batter. Not nearly as popular as it was in grandma’s day, it is the source of many jokes. Are you ready to bring bake a classic holiday cake? Here’s how to make a Christmas fruitcake recipe.
Yield: One loaf
Christmas Fruitcake Recipe Ingredients
1 Cup Raisins
1 Cup Candied Fruit
1 Cup Nuts
2 Cups Flour
1Tsp. Baking Powder
1 1/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
2 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
2 Tsp. Allspice
2 Tsp. Cloves
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg Beaten
1/4 Cup Molasses
2 1/3 Cups Apple sauce
How to Make Christmas Fruitcake Directions
1. Mix raisins, nuts, and candied fruits and set aside.
2. In a second bowl, mix Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Allspice, and Cloves. Set aside.
3. In a large third, bowl, cream together butter, sugar, beaten egg, molasses, and apple sauce.
4. Add dry ingredients from step #2 above.
5. Add nuts, raisins, and candied fruit from step #1 above.
6. Pour mixture into a greased baking pan.
7. Bake covered for about 1 hour at 350 degrees.
8. Cool and serve.
Holiday Insights, where every day is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. Many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. Consequently, at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.