Chocolate Cake Recipe
About This Chocolate Cake Recipe
If you want to make a homemade chocolate cake from scratch, this is a simple, yet easy recipe to make. You are certain to enjoy this chocolate cake recipe.
Today’s Quote: “I’m grateful for every day I’m still alive. Everything is still working. I attribute it to eating a lot of processed foods. I think it’s the preservatives that keep me going. That, and I eat as much chocolate as I can get my hands on.” – – Joan Rivers
Chocolate Cake Ingredients
3/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup milk
How to Make Chocolate Cake Directions
How to make Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour three 6″ X 1 1/2″ round cake pans.
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Beat on medium to high speed for about 3-4 minutes until well mixed.
- Alternately combine in flour mixture and milk with the batter while beating.
- Continue to beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into greased and floured round cake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to see if it is done. Bake a few minutes more, if needed.
- Remove from oven and allow cakes to cool in pans for a few minutes.
- Place cakes on a wire rack, to them allow to completely cool.
- If you want to make your own frosting, see How to make Chocolate Frosting
- Place one round cake on a cake plate.
- Spread frosting on top.
- Repeat this for the third cake.
- Frost the top of the third cake.
- Frost the side of the cake.
More About Today
Holiday Insights, where every day is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. Consequently, at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.