Applesauce Cake Recipe
How to Make Applesauce Cake Recipe
Description: I bet you never thought of mixing apples and brownies together. This Applesauce Cake recipe is proof positive, that the combination produces a delicious result.
Contributed By: from the kitchen of Beverly Hicks, Greenwood, SC.
Yield: 24 pieces
Apple Trivia: The apple tree originated in an area between the Caspian and Black Seas.
Applesauce Cake Ingredients
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shortening
2 oz. (2 squares) unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Directions How to Make Applesauce Cake
- Grease a 9X9X13 inch glass baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Melt over hot water, shortening, and unsweetened chocolate. Stir together.
- Allow to cool until slightly warm, not hot.
- Blend in sugar, beaten eggs, applesauce, and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into greased baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Use a toothpick to test for doneness. When done, the cake will spring back after being touched lightly.
- Remove from oven.
- While hot, cut into 1 1/2″ X 2 1/4″ pieces.
- Allow to cool before removing from the baking pan with a spatula.
More About Today
Holiday Insights, where every day is a holiday, a bizarre or wacky day, an observance, or a special event. Join us in the daily calendar fun each and every day of the year.
Did You Know? There are literally thousands of daily holidays, special events, and observances, more than one for every day of the year. and many of these holidays are new. People and organizations are creating new holidays regularly. Consequently, at Holiday Insights, we take great efforts to thoroughly research and document the details of each one, as completely and accurately as possible.